Most homebuyers hire a real estate agent or broker to help them find a home. To buy a home on your own, you’d have to learn and put into practice a special set of skills real estate professionals spend hours, upon hours, honing. From finding a home and guiding you to the proper financing, to negotiating the contract and closing the deal, the multitude of the real estate agent’s duties and responsibilities reflect the often-complex nature of home buying. Ultimately, you should expect guidance and assistance through the entire home buying process. He or she will help you avoid potential pitfalls, and in the end, hand you the keys to your new home.
Some of what we do:
- Here, at Heritage & Main, we have a vast working knowledge of the local real estate market including trends in pricing, conditions and amenities of neighborhoods, real estate law, zoning issues, financing, taxes, insurance and negotiations. The philosophy we follow is extremely consultative and we will try to help maintain balance for you.
- During your initial meeting, we work with you to determine the viability of your wants and needs. From there, we create a search, specific to you and emailed daily to you, in the MLS (Multiple Listing Service). This first meeting is where we like to ‘walk the path’ of the entire process. It has a lot of moving parts, so a detailed, linear explanation is a great way to help you see how it will unfold as you move forward.
- Once you have a richer understanding of the process, we can help you learn how much you can afford, help you find suitable financing, give you a sense of the market conditions and help you understand what to expect as we, together, search for your new home. We will determine a strategy based on your needs, desired spend, and the market activity.
- When we head out to see homes, we will discuss the numerous details, including a home’s pertinent selling points, floor plans, utilities (and options to change them), community proximity to schools, highways, shopping, and more.
- As YOUR agent, we are responsible for obtaining disclosures, making sure home inspections and repairs are completed and coordinating the activities of your lender, attorney, and other professionals engaged in your purchase. As the process heads toward closing, we will be there with you at every step – final walk through, closing table, and to hand over the keys!
- When you have a question, concern or idea – reach out at any time. You are never bothering us, this is our job. Sure we may need to call you back – but rest assured that we will.